Brooke just moved to Houston last week. I know that's not the end of the world, but it still sucks. I'm going to miss having her close, especially since she only lived 6 feet away from me for 5 years. So this is my Brookelynn tribute.
Reasons why I LOVE Brooke...
1. She was my first friend post high school graduation and my first roommate. She had to put up with a lot of crap because at 17, I thought I was responsible and could take care of myself, but I would have sunk quickly if she hadn't been there. Which leads to reason number 2.
2. She is responsible. I think I can roll motivated, hard working, ambitious, smart, and real world savvy into that. I don't think I have ever seen Brooke have an irresponsible moment in the 8 years I have known her. I know for a fact she cannot say the same about me. She has always had a steady job (sometimes more than one at a time) and worked 2 jobs while also going to school. She's hardcore like that.
3. Brooke introduced me to Iceberg milkshakes, Cafe Rio, and Cholula sauce on popcorn. Now 3 of my favorite things. She has smart tastebuds.
4. She is an animal lover. She's like that Elvira cartoon, except not crazy.
5. She can shake it like no other tall white girl on this planet. Seriously. If she was shaking her stuff behind a screen like they have at those bars in Vegas, you would be convinced it was someone with skin a little darker than Brooke's. It's impressive.
6. She makes the best Boston Creme Pie and raspberry dessert ever. I'm going to miss that stuff.
7. She is loyal and honest. She's the friend you want to take shopping because she'll tell you that your butt looks big. And when she says something looks good, you can actually believe her. What you see is what you get. You don't find that very often.
8. She agrees to ridiculous things just because I ask her. Example: She ran the half marathon with me. Not because she was dying to do it, but because I didn't want to do it alone. She put up with my crap while we were training for it and we crossed the finish line together. It was a big deal to me and I'm so glad she was there to do it with me.
9. She shops like I do. We can find something that other people would never even consider buying and immediately know a perfect use for it. We've had some interesting items in our wardrobes because of this. And she likes shoes.
10. She's a better friend than I could ever ask for. She has been there for everything the last 8 years. She's the kind of friend that sticks with you and never lets you down. I know she's still just a phone call away, but I'm sure going to miss having her just a few minutes away.
And some of my favorite memories with this girl...
-The first night we lived together (and we did NOT know each other at all) we got Iceberg shakes and watched Single White Female. And it was great.
-Almost running a red light in my new car, which would only be funny to us.
-YAWNING. Again, only funny to us. But VERY funny.
-Trying to fit 6 people in two small beds in Vegas, and the noises we had to listen to all night.
-Thursday night cooking in the model apartment. Actually, anything about the model apartment.
-The trip to California and my favorite quote "Plastic bags don't sting!" If there hadn't been vinegar around, I would have peed on you. That's how much I love you, Brooke.
-Sizzler days. And Buckle days. I think I knew your driver's license number before I knew my own because I was always typing it in from your checks. I still remember it, though it's no longer useful since you have a Texas number now.
-Getting kicked out of the casino in Wendover because I was too young.
-The 3-barrel curling iron and the note and plastic bag taped to the mirror.
-Biting snails and snail races.
-The sleepover that wasn't.
-Any and all bouquet tosses, but especially the wrestling incident that ended up on the Lifetime Wedding Bloopers special.
-Getting to help plan your secret wedding.
-The Model Apartment, the Grandma House and the Woodridge House.
Brooke, I love your face and I miss you already. I can't wait to see you in a couple months. I hope Houston is great and I wish you and Brad the best. I hope you make lots of new friends, just don't let them replace your favorite Utah girls. Love you!